This post is also available in: faPersian


You can bring your children to Canada with a Dependent Child Sponsorship program if you both meet the requirements of the program. Your child must

be 18 years or older not have a spouse or common-law partner. Your child may be considered a dependent if they are over the age of 19, but require your financial and family support due to a physical or mental condition. The age limit for children to be considered dependents eligible for sponsorship will rise in September, 2017 to 22 years of age.

If you wish to be the sponsor of children who are dependents, you must:
  • prove that you are at least 18 years of age
  • currently be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
  • currently be residing in Canada
  • be able to prove that you can support your child and provide basic needs as defined by: food, clothing, shelter and other needs for everyday living, dental care, eye care and other health needs and education not covered by public health services
  • be prepared to be the sponsor of the dependent child until they reach the age of 25 or for a period of 10 years, (whichever comes first)
  • be prepared to be the sponsor of the dependent child, if over the age of 19, for 3 years after permanent resident status is awarded, if you are a sponsor or the spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner and 20 years if you are a parent or grandparent and 10 years for all other family members

You must not be in prison, bankrupt, receiving social assistance for reasons other than disability, under removal order or charged with a serious offence

Find out how 123 Visa can help you bring your children and all the member of your family together by contacting our Immigration Specialists at 778-317-4959.

Share this with friends

This post is also available in: faPersian