Temporary Resident Visas in Canada

Temporary Resident Visas in Canada include entering as a Tourist, Family Member or Business Person.

Temporary Resident Visas in Canada may be obtained at the Canadian Visa office in your home country up to six months prior to visiting Canada. If you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa you will have to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for a visitor visa.

Whether visiting Canada as a tourist, family or friend visiting a loved one, business person or Entrepreneur on an Exploratory Visit, you will need to state and/or prove the following points to obtain Temporary Resident Visas in Canada:

  • Ties to Country of Resident – This is perhaps the most important point to prove to Immigration Officers. They must be assured that you have strong ties and good reasons to return to your home country before your travel visa expires. You must list strong socio-economic ties to your home country, such as business ownership, place of work, title deeds to properties, or contracts to lease, having children enrolled in school or being enrolled in school or commitments yourself, having close relatives in your life, etc. If possible, provide a letter from your employer stating the day they are expected to resume their duties.
  • Financial Resources – Prove that you have sufficient funds to pay for your travel and support yourself while in Canada by providing a bank statement, title deeds to property, business license, or other assets.
  • Travel History – To qualify you must not have overstayed the terms of your visa in Canada or in any other country in the past 10 years. It is best that you have never been denied a travel visa to any country as well.
  • No Criminal Record or Security Risk – You should have never been denied entry into due to a criminal record or lying on applications.
  • Provide Proper Documentation – Have a valid passport and written permissions to travel with minors if required.
  • Hotel reservations/Tickets – You may need to provide proof that you have a place to stay in Canada in the form of reservations or the name and address of friends or family, along with your return flight ticket to your home country or a destination outside of Canada.
  • Good Health – A Medical Exam may be required to prove that you are in reasonably good health to be able to travel to Canada.
  • A Letter of Invitation is not always necessary but advantageous in most cases.

Canadian Business Visitor Visa

The Canadian Business Visitor Visa applies to those attending a conference or business meetings. Entrepreneurs who wish to establish or invest a business in Canada will most likely require an Exploratory Visa. See more on this topic.

Temporary Resident Visas in CanadaBusiness Visitors may remain in Canada for no longer than six months. Longer stays require a work permit. You are not permitted to enter the Canadian labour market while in Canada on a business visa. Your place of business and primary main source of earning or accruing income must be outside Canada. A letter of invitation from a Canadian citizen or permanent resident may be required for business trips. 123Visa provides such letters when arranging Exploratory Visas for our Entrepreneurs and Investor clients.

Canadian Super Visa

Super Visas for Grandparents in CanadaThe Canadian Super Visa allows parents, grandparents and spouses or common-law partners to make multiple visits to Canada to visit their family members who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents. It allows for multiple entries for up to 10 years and for individuals to stay for up to two years at a time in Canada. A 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months. This convenience saves on reapplying each time family members wish to visit their loved ones in Canada. If travelling with a Super Visa you will also have to have an Electronic Travel Authorization.

A letter of invitation is advisable for sponsored visitors coming to Canada. You will most likely need to provide the results of a medical exam if you are older along with proving that you or your family sponsors have purchased medical insurance to cover you for the length of your stay in Canada, and can cover travel and living costs. Visit the CIC site to calculate family size when applying for a parent/grandparent Super Visa.

Temporary Resident Visas in Canada are the most common request issued by the IRCC. However, Temporary Resident Permits may be required for those who are considered inadmissible to Canada due to a criminal background, misrepresenting themselves, security or medical issues. See our blog on Temporary Resident Permits in Canada to learn more about this topic and if you qualify to apply through this route.

Whatever your Visa needs are, 123Visa can help you with the details.