This post is also available in: Persian

Federal Skilled Trades Worker Program

Qualifying for the Express Entry Program means that you are eligible to apply via the ‘Economic Class’ to the Federal Skilled Trades Worker Program, in order to become a permanent resident in Canada. Skilled immigrants must meet a list of criteria that ensures you will be an asset to the Canadian workforce and able to adapt well to life in Canada. Points are awarded in various categories on Long Haul Truck Drivers as part of the Federal Skilled Trades Worker Programthe Ranking System to indicate how strong a candidate you are in areas including language and work skills, age, education, work experience, ability to transfer skills, adaptability to live in Canada on several levels, including having a spouse or common-law partner established with work, existing funds to settle and having a pre-arranged qualified employment situation.

Scoring at least 67 out of 100 points to determine your eligibility, may qualify you for the Express Entry Program, which allows you to apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Worker Program
  • Language Ability – worth up to 28 total points
  • Age – worth up to 12 points based on their age at the time of applying.
  • Education – worth up to 25 points for formal education
  • Work Experienceworth up to 15 points (paid, skilled work experience within the previous 10 years – min. score of 9 required)
  • Employment – worth up to 10 points (pre-arranged employment must meet requirements)
  • Adaptability worth up to 10 points – based on various factors which indicate how well they’ll be able to function in Canada

Candidates with the highest scores are entered into the CIC pool in hopes of being selected during regular draws, which means you can go onto the next step towards establishing permanent residence status in Canada. The better your score, the better your chances are to be chosen. The 123Visa team works with you to help you score well in the ranking system, by ensuring you have met the criteria and presented your credentials and background in the best way possible.

In order to meet the Minimum Requirements to become a Federal Skilled Trades Worker in Canada, you must:
  • show proof that you have Work Skills Level B, according to the 2011 National Occupational Classification, technical jobs and skilled trades. A college diploma or apprenticeships are usually required in these types of jobs. The Justice Laws Website breaks down the Major Groups:Skilled Labour Applications to CIC
    • (a) 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades;
    • (b) 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades;
    • (c) 82, supervisors and technical occupations in natural resources, agriculture and related production;
    • (d) 92, processing, manufacturing and utility supervisors and central control operators;
    • (e) 632, chefs and cooks; and
    • (f)Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers
  • along with an official job description, show proof of experience applying the same NOC standard skills by either:
  • accumulating 1,560 Total Hours – 30 hours per week or more of continuous full-time paid employment at the one or more jobs requiring the NOC standard skills, over the period of one year, within the last 10 years, or
  • accumulating 1,560 Total Hours -15 hours/week of continuous part-time paid employment, at one or more jobs, over a period of two years, within the last 10 years or
  • although no specific education level is required for the Federal Skilled Trades Program, you can earn points by obtaining a Canadian certificate, diploma or degree or by showing foreign credentials proving equivalency confirmed by a CIC approved Educational Credential Assessment agency.
  • take the Citizen and Immigration Canada Language test to prove that you meet the Minimum Language Level for Skilled Trade workers which is Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for English or French for speaking and listening, and Level 4 for reading and writing.
  • Test results less than two years old must accompany your application
  • show proof of funds to settle you and your dependents once in Canada
  • have an offer of full-time employment that will last at least one year
  • establish that there is a need in the workforce for your skills and that no Canadian worker is available to fill the position with a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment

be admissible to live and work in Canada and plan to live outside of Quebec

You can apply through the Federal Skilled Trades Worker program or apply directly to each province in Canada, which has a program to accommodate Skilled Trade Workers. For more  information visit the websites for the following Provincial Nominee Programs:     Alberta    British Columbia    New Brunswick     Newfoundland and Labrador     Northwest Territories     Nova Scotia     Nunavut     Ontario      Prince Edward Island     Saskatchewan     Yukon

This post is also available in: Persian