This post is also available in: Persian

Super Visa

Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents may visit their children and grandchildren in Canada, for up to 2 consecutive years at a time, using a Super Visa, before it has to be renewed. The Super Visa is valid for up to 10 years, allowing for re-entry into Canada during that period. Spouses and common-law partners of the parent or grandparent may also apply for a Super Visa.

Grandparents are eligible for a Super VisaThe Super Visa is advantageous for those waiting to be able to sponsor their parents for permanent residence status, or for those who are not eligible for permanent status. Also, there is less of a financial commitment involved with a Super Visa than there is with a permanent resident sponsorship.

To be eligible for your Super Visa in Canada, you will have to prove several criteria. You must:
  • be allowed to enter Canada
  • provide a birth certificate that proves your relationship to the Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident who is your child or grandchild
  • submit a letter of invitation from your Canadian child or grandchild
  • prove that your Canadian child or grandchild meets the ‘Low Income Cut-Off’
  • ensure that you have secured private medical insurance in Canada for at least 1 year
  • have had an immigration medical exam
  • the child and or grandchild that you will be providing financial support
  • not be a dependant
  • plan to leave Canada at the end of your visit with your family
  • ensure that the Canadian citizen sponsor meets all the criteria of being a sponsor
When reviewing your application, a Citizenship and Immigration Canada immigration officer will assess the following aspects of your life:
  • your ties to your home country
  • the purpose of your visit to Canada
  • your family circumstance
  • your financial circumstances
  • the circumstances of life in your homeland, from an economic and political standpoint
  • if you have been invited by a host, that is a Canadian citizen

To apply for a Super Visa, you will need to fill out and submit forms online or by mail or visit the Canadian embassy in your country or the nearest country with a Canadian embassy.

123Visa can make the process of applying for your Super Visa easier and more effective. Contact us at 778-317-4959 to find out the ways in which we can help.

This post is also available in: Persian